Re: [piecepack] Rules Variants Clarification

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Benedict
  To: piecepack@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2003 8:08 AM
  Subject: [piecepack] Re: About "Heir" and my own games.

  >as far as I am concerned it would be best to submit a game that
  >has no variants, i.e. include all the rules you want in the game in
  >the main rules section.
  Hi Phillip,

     I'm not sure I understood your remark concerning variants. Do you mean that you dislike variants, or do you mean that the description of variants should be included within the main rule-set?

     I think that solitaire games in general are much more likely to have variants than are multi-player games. Virtually all the popular card solitaires have one or more variants. One reason for this may be that it allows the game difficulty to be altered. Tastes and opinions vary widely on the subject of how easy it should be to win a solitaire game. Some people like to win more than half their games while other people like more of a challenge, in some cases, to the point of almost never winning.

     Any game or games I enter in the competition will certainly include slight variants to allow the difficulty to be set to the player's taste.

  -Mike Schoessow