Re: filtering spam

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "Clark D. Rodeffer"
<cdrodeffer@j...> wrote:
> Is there any way we can filter spam such as the previous message, or
> at least delete the posts so we don't have to see this kind of junk?

If the moderator is willing to do a little more work, spam like that
can be avoided.  On Spielfrieks we have set it up so that all new
members have their posts moderated.  That way, when a spammer joins
the group and posts a spam message, we reject the message and ban the
poster.  When a legit person joins and posts, we approve their post
and change that person's setting so that subsequent posts from that
person go straight to the list without moderation.  It works like a
charm, and it's easy.  For a smallish list like this one, it would be
very little extra work, and there's almost no excuse for *not* doing it.

--Randy