Re: filtering spam

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "randykcox" <yahoo@c...> wrote:
> --- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "Clark D. Rodeffer"
> <cdrodeffer@j...> wrote:
> > Is there any way we can filter spam such as the previous message,
or
> > at least delete the posts so we don't have to see this kind of
junk?

Indeed, I do delete such messages, which (thankfully) are few and far
between.  This does not, of course, prevent the undesired messages
from being sent to list members who are set up to receive messages by
email.

> If the moderator is willing to do a little more work, spam like that
> can be avoided.

The moderator is not willing to do a little more work, as he often
goes a week or two between opportunities to check the list.

However, if someone else (who has time to check the list and make the
approvals daily) wishes to volunteer for this duty, I will happily
add said volunteer as a moderator of this list.  Contact me privately
via jdroscha at att dot net.

Cheers,
James