Re: Yellow og green crown suit?

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "piecehead2003" <sbk@c...> wrote:
> What is the reason that the original yellow crown suit is now more
> often seen using the green colour?
>
> -Soeren

Hello Soeren,

The original guidelines I wrote up for the piecepack specified Crowns
as yellow OR green, at the manufacturer's discretion.  The reason is
to allow the greatest flexibility in materials and marking methods.
My preference is for yellow, since it helps to alleviate the most
common problems with color-blindness (green/red IIRC).  But I wanted
manufacterers to have the option of using green if, for example, they
wanted to use ink on wood (where yellow does not necessarily show
clearly).

Cheers,
James