re: extended piecepack (was: ANNOUNCING THE 5th PIECEPACK GAME DESIGN ...)

Hi, Mark

I found another window to get some net time...

Here is the contest rule for Solitary Confinement (note: there are
some small changes in this part of the rules compared to
previous contests).

4) Games may make use of additional bits (such as money or
tokens for example), or of other non-obscure game systems in
addition to the piecepack. However, additional components
should not overshadow the use of the piecepack in the game. It
is desirable that solo games can be played with 1 piecepack,
however, if gameplay requires it, entries may be submitted that
require the use of more than one piecepack.

The word piecepack in this and all of the rules refers to a
standard piecepack.  So while it is desirable that the game
entries play with 1 standard piecepack, those that require an
extended pp would still be legal.  If the game can be condensed
to play with a standard pp all the better. I am really referring to
things I can easily find around the house to use as extra bits -
real money, paperclips, small stones, etc

I currently do not possess an extended pp. I would still make
every effort to judge a game that was submitted requiring an
extended pp (I would probably print out the needed
requirements).

Once again, I am still away from regular email/internet time until
1st October.  I will answer any further questions when I can in the
meantime.

Phillip

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Engelberg"