New Games in Files Section

I just added four piecepack games to the files section for games
being tested.

All four games are abstract strategy games that play on a 4x4 grid.

All four games are essentially prototypes in the sense that they
have undergone only very minimal play-testing, in some cases limited
to just myself playing both sides. In the past, I have not made my
games public until I had done enough play-testing to be sure the
game was not broken and played quite well without displaying any
trivial winning schemes, etc. However, recently it has occured to me
that I should take advantage of the piecepack community to solicit
comments at the prototype stage.

In all cases I am interested in comments and feedback by anyone who
tries one or more of these games.

Descriptions below:

ACTIVATOR

This is a piecepack version of a finished and well received game of
mine called Catalyst. I made use of piecepack pyramids in place of
the Ice House pyramids used in Catalyst. Because the piecepack
pyramids are different from Ice House pyramids, in terms of size
distribution, the Activator rules are subtly different than the
Catalyst rules, and this results in some different strategies.

ENERGIZE

This game requires two piecepack stacks (1/2 of a piecepack) to
play. It is a game of capture with the movement of the tokens
(coins) limited by the position of a player's pawn. Token movement
is based upon the quantity of enemy tokens that a player's pawn is
adjacent to, or on the same rank or file as.

SPOTTER

This is a capture game, and like Energize, may be played with 1/2 of
a piecepack (one stack per player). Enemy pieces may only be
attacked when they are sighted or "spotted" by a player's Spotter
(pawn).

INFILTRATE

This is a territory game without capturing. It too requires 1/2 of a
piecepack (one stack per player). The first player to control a
majority of the occupied spaces within the opponent's territory,
wins the game.

Thanks to anyone who tries any of these games, and I hope they find
them either enjoyable or challenging (or both).

-Mike Schoessow