Let's nip this problem in the bud.

As the most recent posts have brought forth, a fairly uncommon (in
terms of popularity) dice concept is now before the community. I had
discovered this concept on my own some time ago. (Im not claiming I
was the first to discover it by any means, just that I had it in my
mind to develop further as well.) It seems that I can discern from
Mike's post that this indeed a concept he is using for the next
contest. I currently have a few games Im working on for December,
and while none use this Dice Rotating concept, I personaly will give
Mike the common curtesy and not develop any rulesets with this
mechanic before the contest is over. (To protect his chances of
wining)

Numerous times history has had discoveries and inventions crop up at
the same time by two or more people, usually in different countries.
Funds also play a key role in this situation. Two people had the
Idea for the telephone, and Bell took it because he was better off.

All of this being said. How should we adress contest submissions by
two (or even more) Authors that are virtually the same? What do
other members think? I suggest we should we 'stake a claim' to
certain mechanics, perhaps through Karol (For anominity) as soon as
they pop into mind? this will need further explanation and
guidelines before it is put into place mind you, but won't
this cause frantic rabid claiming, but what else can we devise?

In any case,
I have no doubt that sooner or later, (and with the current contest
it seems to be more sooner than later...)  we will have rulesets
that are close to being the same. I think we should let James come
up with rules for solving this conflict, as it is his gaming
system.

I know personaly I would look at older PP games once I had an idea,
to make sure that I wasn't getting to close to reinventing the
wheel. I don't think my games are in danger of doing this, as there
are a few solitaire games for piecepack out now. (Aside from Tharg,
I can't think of anyothers).The poing being that since it is a
solitaire game this aspect propells it away from being virtualy the
same as any other.