New Game - Pawnopoly

I am in a frenzy with development right now, for the contest and
other wise. I was moving around my bits and hit upon a tile layout I
never used before. This along with just looking at my piecepack for
inconsistancies (See Dice Inconsistancies Part2-Tiles)  caused a
monopoly-esque game to begin to form in my mind. I wrote the game
Pawnopoly from it, and will post it in the files section.

I saw a review for a book talking about how Parker Brothers/Charles
Darrow stole the idea of Monopoly from the Amish. (I think the title
is something like "The Billion Dollar Monopy Scandal") The review
implied this gaming concept/layout is now in the public domain. Can
any one back this up for me?