Re: New Game - Pawnopoly

>   I too have a piecepack game inspired by Monopoly that I haven't
posted. It's called Hotel Magnate, and is designed to be less luck
dependent and more auction intensive than Monopoly. The main thing
that has kept it from being completed to my satisfaction is my
(probably pig-headed) insistence that it not require components
outside the piecepack (such as money or property markers, etc). I
have solved these problems, *sort of*, but not entirely to my
satisfaction.

>   -Mike Schoessow

   Well Mike, I can't speak to your game, but if your (self admited)
snag is the use of bits outside of the piecepack, my snag is the use
of dice for Pawnopoly. In most cases, its hard to grasp the total
randomness of a die roll. In a smaller sense, I am running into this
problem for the current contest. I guess along with my Ill-fated
claiming Idea I should add the concept of disclaimers. I.E.  "Your
piecepack experience may vary"  Again, I came up with this idea and
had a small bit of play testing and rules write up all in about 4
hours. Im sure we all have our moments with hyper-thought, the
compulsion that eats time while we feverishly strive for a "good"
place to stop. It was so with Pawnopoly. My mind had most of the
ideas before I could manifest them with my senses. Add this to the
fact that it uses Monopply-esque features... a working (yet somewhat
mathematically improbable) game arises. But hey, I put it in the
Rules in progress section, and it is only 1.0 (I seem to use only
Real and Half numbers in my version numbers)

-Eric