Re: [piecepack] Wait,,, Anagram is a Scramble right?

Electronicwaffle wrote:

I think we both have it wrong..... I think we want an Acrogram...
I mean, I think what the other thing is, is just a nemonic...    and
I wanted the exact opposite of a long winded Sentence.   Anyhow,  I
thought about it, and I agree its stupid.

Yeah, an anagram is a scramble of the letters of a word:
spear, spare, pears, reaps

an Acronym is an abbreviation using the initial letters of each word of a
phrase: TLA = Three Letter Acronym. :-)

A mnemonic is a sentence or phrase that is used to remember a more
difficult phrase, sentence or list:
Kings Play Chess On Fine Grained Sand.
Kingdom Phylum Class Order Family Genus Species.

Now, on the issue at hand.  I agree that game rules need to be written
under the assumption that anyone reading them is totally unfamiliar with
games in general and must state everything in explicit detail.  Writing
game rules is hard enough without throwing in unknown or unusual terms
or abbreviations.  About the only things you can assume a reader knows is
what a die is & what rolling one means, what a turn is, what a player
is, what a card is and what shuffle a deck means.  Almost everything
else needs to be clearly stated.

--
mark@...
mark.a.biggar@...