Personal Expanded piecepack

OK, here's something new to think about (not that the group hasn't
had a lot of activity lately :-).

I've been considering making myself some custom cases for my
piecepacks. I don't particularly like the boxes/packaging they come
with in terms of convenience (mostly I don't like packing up and
having to get all the coins packed in just right for the cover to
fit with NO bowing).

My initial idea was to cut up some eighth inch thick acrylic stock
(can be purchased off-the-shelf or by mail or phone from Tap
Plastics), and glue it together into a box with a square cross
section just big enough for the tiles, and with whatever height is
necessary to comfortably hold all the piecepack components without
needing to get all the coins perfectly stacked, etc.

Now I'm thinking that for one of my piecepacks, the case should also
be able to accomodate additional components. This would then be a
kind of expanded game kit for playing or designing games in general,
when away from home.

So the question is, what additional components to include. Here are
some possibilities.

* Additional coins in two suits. This allows the playing of MANY
more abstracts that require 8-12 identical pieces per player.

* Paper money. Probably don't need as much, or as many denominations
as, Monopoly.

* 2-4 standard dice, plus perhaps a D4, D8, D10, and D12.

* a color-select die.

* Match sticks (various uses; just ask our man Phillip :-)

* pennies (maybe 30 or so)

Any other ideas, comments, or suggestions on the idea, or the best
components to add, are welcome. BUT, please understand my purpose
here; I'm not suggesting a new expanded official piecepack design is
required. Rather  I'm trying to think of what would make an even
better portable kit for game design and the playing of wide range of
games, for those willing to put in the time and trouble.

-Mike schoessow