Re: [piecepack] Re: on D4s

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ed Thorn
  To: piecepack@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 7:53 PM
  Subject: Re: [piecepack] Re: on D4s
  >Well, for me, part of the allure of the piecepack is
  >it's democratization of the process.  Anyone can
  >pretty much get the specs for the components and make
  >one of their own, and write rules, or use any existing
  >rules.  D6 are cubes, easy to make, easy to buy in
  >blank form.  All the other polyhedra lack this
  >ubiquity.  Yes a grognard will be undeterred, but
  >piecepack is, to my mind, horribly squandered if aimed
  >at grognards.

  I agree. So then, is there  any way to utilize a D6 for a color selection die? Keep in mind that the piecepack has null and blank tiles and coins, so there is a precedent of a sort here, that could be used to justify a fifth, and *perhaps* sixth, face. How about Red/Green/Blue/black/None/All, for the six faces ( the None face being blank and the All face being indicated in some as yet undefined way). I don't particularly like this but it might be useful. If the fourth color was something other than black (such as yellow), then a Red/Green/Blue/Yellow/blank/black die would work, but with black being one of the suit colors, I'm not sure how this could be done. Perhaps the word ALL could be printed on the sixth face, or maybe crossed lines with arrow heads on all four ends (implying all four colors), or maybe the sixth face could include all four colors (draw an X on the sixth die face, (lines from corner to corner) and then color each of the resulting triangles one of the four colors; red,green,blue,black). Any body else have ideas?

  -Mike Schoessow