Re: [piecepack] Re: on D4s

--- Electronicwaffle <electronicwaffle@...>
wrote:
> I mention this because I am split as to if using any
> D-N (where N
> does not equal 6)  would scare or prevent new
> players to the
> piecepack. Minor setback I know, but for some people
> this might be a
> real concern.  Most people would assume "This isn't
> a standard die,
> it must be more difficult to use/implement"

Well, for me, part of the allure of the piecepack is
it's democratization of the process.  Anyone can
pretty much get the specs for the components and make
one of their own, and write rules, or use any existing
rules.  D6 are cubes, easy to make, easy to buy in
blank form.  All the other polyhedra lack this
ubiquity.  Yes a grognard will be undeterred, but
piecepack is, to my mind, horribly squandered if aimed
at grognards.