Re: New Game Uploaded: Hotel Magnate

>Or use the middle tiles for some other
>   >purpose?

>   You're entirely correct; the side gridded tiles don't offer the
same movement options that the corner gridded tiles do. One
reason I kept them was because it increased the length of the
board to effectively 10 spaces per side, which I considered an
advantage. Also, the Ace tiles wouldn't be worth much in a hotel
chain, except as a way of buying into a chain, and for that reason,
I thought the game might be cleaner without them. It didn't occur
to me to consider a third use for the aces. I'll have to think about
that.

Hi, Mike

One possibility would be to take inspiration (again) from
Monopoly where the railroads (in the UK versions railway
stations) are in the middle of each side of the board. Is there a
way to use them as 'real' transport, in that if you land on one you
have the option of paying (the owner) to get to the next station? It
could add to the options available in movement.

I'm sure you have your own ideas, but while you are working on
your games for the contests, my brain is idling...

Phillip