Re: Picking the best games for a rules booklet

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "Clark D. Rodeffer"
<cdrodeffer@j...> wrote:
> --- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "Iain Cheyne" <news@c...> wrote:
> > Stuart John Bernard mentioned
> > including a booklet of rules in the
> > piecepack he is thinking of selling.
>
> > How about we collaborate in deciding
> > which are the best piecepack games.....

I think that games with less rules are often times easier to play,
and understand. The number of pages could decide if a ruleset gets
publushed if printing cost is a factor. I also think that games with
more rules will use extra bits more often than games with less
rules. Games with out a score card system should perhaps be leftout
for the same reasons games with extra bits should be. Compact and
concise should be considered for guidelines when picking rules.
I assume in any case contest winners would be included. As well they
should be.

Also, I think at least one solitaire should be included. But then
again, that is the most recent contest...

For those game types which have not had a contest, I would think
one 'good' game of each ""genre"" should be included... of those
games that share a common trend, the 'best' game of those should get
the nod. I would think that oddball games (those that are the only
game of its kind should be left out)

A would think a full page (one side) should be devoted to the
website, with clear indication that more free games can be found
there.