Re: IcePack Games?

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "James K Droscha" <jdroscha@a...> wrote:
> --- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "Brad Johnson" <qa1226@e...> wrote:
> >
> > Whoever maintains piecepack.org -- If this is the service provided
> by
> > this company, I strongly suggest that you remove your reference to
> > them.
>
> Hello,
>
>    That would put Mesomorph into a very sticky spot.  Mesomorph Games
> administers the piecepack.org website.  They are also a vendor of
> piecepacks.  To remove another vendor from that vendor list, no
> matter how bad the service of the other company appears to be, could
> certainly be seen as unfair.  So Mesomorph is between a rock and a
> hard place; if they leave vendors on the list that customers are
> unhappy with, they get blamed, and if they take them off the list,
> someone would cry foul.
>
>    So, one might wonder why Mesomorph runs the piecepack.org site.
> Essentially, it is because I asked them to.  I am the type of person
> who likes to pawn off drudge work on others (just ask the
> profphfessor, [f-sound emphasis my own]).  And Karol (and Dave) were
> gulli, er, nice enough to agree.
>
>    In my opinion, Mesomorph's integrity in maintaining piecepack.org
> as an unbiased repository for piecepack information has been
> impeccable, unwavering, and commendable.  And you all know what a
> tremendous help Karol (of Mesomorph) has been with running the design
> competitions and with answering questions on this list.
>
>    Just best to ask about others' experience here (on the list)
> before you buy (honestly no offense intended toward Brad, whom I wish
> the best of luck in obtaining and enjoying his piecepack).
> Difference between vendors is just one of the issues inherent in a
> public domain system.
>
> Cheers,
> James

If the community continues to make use of the wiki, it can be a great
place where the drudgery of upkeep is distributed (meaning less work
for everyone, and more up-to-date info), the ability to not a vendor
"running" the site, heck this weay no "one" is running the site. if
you haven't check it out. <http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/>