Piecepack appearance

I am planning to have a custom version of the piecepack made for me.
I have been looking again at the specs for the piecepack
(the "anatomy" on piecepack.org) and realizing that there is quite a
lot of scope for customization, within the parameters given.

In the available rulesets, I have noticed that most of the
illustrations are very similar to those used on the commercial sets
sold by Mesomorph Games, as well as the PDF "printable" version
available from the website.  This is obviously understandable, as
these represent the majority of the sets on the market.  Nonetheless,
there is clearly scope for presenting piecepack in an alternative way.

Apart from the specification that the suit of Arms is represented by
the Fleur de Lis, and the Ace by a spiral, the other shapes and
symbols are not defined.  So, for example, it should be possible to
have:

Crowns - triangle (or square)
Moons - diamond
Suns - circle

Similarly, the value of the tiles, dice and counters can be
represented by a non-Arabic marking - specifically, by small dots (on
counters and dice) and small squares (on tiles) - arranged in the
same type of layout as found on most dice.

I was thinking that this type of approach makes the piecepack
more 'generic' and also independant of any language (or age
barrier).  In addition, the use of dots, instead of the Arabic
numerals means that the values are more easily discernable "upside
down" (possibly a consideration for some games).

I'd appreciate any feedback from the group as to the pros and cons of
this type of approach.

Derek