Re: [piecepack] Piecepack appearance

There was an extensive discussion some time ago on this group, of alternative design factors and potential modifications or improvements (such as directional pips on pawns, etc.). I think it was about a year and a half ago (anybody remember?). You may want to look through the archive.

-Mike Schoesow

  I was thinking that this type of approach makes the piecepack
  more 'generic' and also independant of any language (or age
  barrier).  In addition, the use of dots, instead of the Arabic
  numerals means that the values are more easily discernable "upside
  down" (possibly a consideration for some games).

  I'd appreciate any feedback from the group as to the pros and cons of
  this type of approach.

  Derek