Re: Rules on my PalmOS handheld

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "boardgamesbook" <dhohls@c...>
wrote:
> --- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "Iain Cheyne" <news@c...> wrote:
> I'm not sure I fully support your sentiments regarding PDF - for a
> start, you do not have to use the Acrobat Reader (I think you are
the
> first person I have to call it "horrible"?  Well, it is free...)
for
> displaying PDFs.

PDF is terrible from a usability point of view:
www.useit.com/alertbox/20030714.html

Acrobat reader is free, but it is bloatware. It is a huge download,
takes forever to load up and is a nightmware with PDAs. I am not
aware of how else you can view PDFs. Certainly Acrobat Reader is very
unpopular on news:alt.comp.freeware.

> Overall, I would ask people to consider my proposal for the XML
> option; this, at least, does not lock anyone into any choice of a
> display format in advance.

XML is the best option from an idealistic point of view and for
viewing, but how do you propose that regular computer users edit XML
files?

--
Iain