Re: Rules on my PalmOS handheld

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "Iain Cheyne" <news@c...> wrote:
> --- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, Randy Cox <yahoo@c...> wrote:
> > Unfortunately, neither conversion
> > method preserves the diagrams.  I don't mind doing the work of
> > conversion and cleanup, but obtaining all of the diagrams
> > (through screenshots?) might be more trouble than it's all worth.

Well, there are not that many diagrams in many of the games; the
ideal would be to first see if the authors are willing to donate a
good, highly JPEG - or, preferably, GIF/PNG format.  Failing that,
its relatively easy to copy-and-paste an image from the PDF.

> As far as I can see, you have two choices if you want to stick with
> your Palm:
>
> 1. Get something ScanSoft PDF Converter. >
> 2. Cut and paste into a WYSIWYG HTML editr or Word and then convert
> to a Palm readable format.

Well, if you are going to start doing that, then I would ask that you
consider the small extra hassle of moving over the text into XML (see
elsewhere in this thread for my proposal), from where we should be
able to convert to most desired display formats (*now* and in the
future).

Derek

PS I also own a Palm and would be interested in converting rules to a
format it can easily display...