Re: [piecepack] Re: Rules on my PalmOS handheld

--- Iain Cheyne <news@...> wrote:

> > What's wrong with TXT?  Plain old text, anybody
> > remember text?  Everyone can read it, everyone can
> > edit it.
>
> Doesn't support images - unless you count ascii art.

I would use a chisel on stone plates if they then
magically found their way to everyone who might make
use of my words.  The only purpose of any text is to
get an idea into another person's head.  Any format
that limits my audience is a bad format.

This choice is of course one for every author to make,
based on the ideas they wish to convey.  For me, if I
needed to include any images beyond a simple ascii
sketch, I would go to RTF and included images, or HTML
and included images.  There isn't a single format yet
that I am comfortable with as a sole transmission
medium for my work.

But again, it's really a decision for each author to make.