Re: [piecepack] Re: Why so quiet/Year Wrap up

  lines deleted...

  >  I do think I post alot, but not in any particular order. I hope
  >that I can post in a regular fashion next year, with my one game a
  >month strategy. -Eric
  Hey Eric, concentrate on quality, not quantity. Release games based upon demonstrated play quality, not calender deadlines. Even the top professional designers out there can't touch 1 game/month! (I also, like hearing the statistic that most profesional designers run at a rate of about one out of every fifteen of their games being commercially successful). The way it works with me is that I go through periods of inspiration, during which I come up with most of my game designs (in between, it's very frustrating). After that it usually takes a few months to a half year to fully dial the game in during lots of play-testing. It's interesting that when I read a rule set I wrote a week or a month earlier (very carefully), I virtually always see ways to improve it. The only game of mine I can think of which emerged in final form within a day of conception was Alien City; all the others required quite a bit of time to dial in.

  -Mike