Re: [piecepack] New game: Piecepack Playset

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 02:19:58PM -0800, Mike Schoessow wrote:
>   From: Ron Hale-Evans
>   Subject: [piecepack] New game: Piecepack Playset
>
>   >PIECEPACK PLAYSET
>
>   >Rules
>
>   >1. Give a wooden piecepack to a small child or children.
>
>   >2. Sit back and enjoy.
>
> On this same subject, my 9-year old (soon to be 10) son recently
> discoved piecepack. He's seen me playing around with it for several
> years and was never particularly interested, but recently he started
> working on some games of his own. I think the key factors were that
> he saw me frequently play-testing games lately, plus he's been
> watching a Lord of the Rings video, and so he decided to start
> designing his own games, largely based on a LOTR theme. So far he
> has worked on two solitaires and one 2-player game (he's in that
> mode of wanting to move on to the next new idea before fully dialing
> in the previous; ahem!). In typical 10-year-old fashion, he
> mentioned to me the other day, that he now really only likes games
> that are based on the piecepack :-).

piecepack: the next generation...

Seriously, this may be the beginning of a long evolutionary process
for the piecepack, much as playing cards have been handed down for
generations.

    Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... ... http://ron.ludism.org/
	 Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,
Kennexions Glass Bead Game & Positive Revolution FAQ: http://www.ludism.org/