Re: A post about games! (Chariots)

"Mark A. Biggar" <mark.a.biggar@...> wrote:
(12/28/2003 21:06)

>Iain Cheyne wrote:
>> I do have some quibbles with Chariots, but these are easily fixed.
>
>No problem, suggestions and perceived problems only help improve a
game.

I'm glad you take that view. I'll always try to be constructive. It's
not like I paid for your ruleset. :o)

> I will be updating the game in
>the near future to add some of the suggested special actions to the
>game.

This would spice Chariots up nicely. I thought about adding this to
the session report, but, on the wiki,  you already said you were
going to do this.

>> The impulse movement system worked well, but could be a bit slow.
For
>> speed, it might be better if the rules explicitly stated that if
>> someone is more than about two spaces from any other players that
>> they can take a phase's movement in one go, without worrying
>> about separate impulses.
>
>I've not yet seen that problem.  If anyone else mentions it I
>think up some way to deal with it.

People who feel the impulse rules might be a bit slow in some obvious
situations might just do it already. I just thought it might be good
to formalise this in the rules.

> I also think the clean lines of my downloaded pdf on plastic set is
really
>good looking too.

The picture on your home page at the wiki looks good. :o)

>Would you mind my placing the above link on the wiki page for the
game?

Done

--
Iain