Holiday Spirit

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "prophesor" <prophesor@y...> wrote:
> I feel the list ought to know, David's latest post languished in
> Moderation Jail a day or so.  EW's latest _should_ have been in the
> cell next door.  Apprently I don't have the authority to set
> moderation status.  That'd take the Sherrif hisself, I reckon.

Actually, looks like we can either Remove or Ban... don't see an
option to simply bump someone back down to Moderated.

> Mister Electronic Waffle, sir?  If you post to this issue before I
> hear from the owner, I will set you to moderated status using the
> following method:  I will remove you from the list, and when you
> return, you will be automatically set to moderated.

That would be the way to essentially drop a member down to Moderated,
with the added irritation of having to sign back up on the list.

>      - Ed Thorn
>        Law in these parts
>        (Least till the listowner comes back)

And beyond.  Mr. Thorn has been the best moderator I could ask for,
and his word IS law.  (Mr. Hale-Evans is correct to point out this is
not a democracy.)

Here I was, silly me, actually out enjoying the holidays.  I come
back and some people have gotten all cranky.  Let us be nice, and if
we can't manage that, let us at least remain civil.

Be of Good Cheer,
James