Re: [piecepack] Re: Dodge'em and Zillions

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Electronicwaffle
  To: piecepack@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 11:07 PM
  Subject: [piecepack] Re: Dodge'em and Zillions

  >Mike, I think the game is the same...   just with Cars as the
  >pieces....   here is part of the rules for ZOG's Dodge'em...

  You may well be right; I doesn't bother me if so, since the version I typed up was likely to already exist somewhere anyway, considering how widely known Dodg'em has become since Gardner's column in Scientific American. The Zillions version outlined below sounds like it's the 3x3 version, and also includes the rule that if a player has no legal move, he loses the game (as opposed to him missing his turn).

  -Mike

  >have ZOG 1.0 and Dodge'em was a "preloaded" game.  This is the start
  >of the ZRF I have. In my version, the Icon for the game is just off
  >center, on the first full row in Zillions.

  >*** Dodgem
  >*** Copyright 1998-2000 Zillions Development
  >; v.1.2

  >(game
  >    (title "Dodgem 3x3")
  >      (description "Be the first to move both of your cars off the
  >board.  Cars move
  >        one square at a time forward, left, or right, but never
  >backwards (see the
  >        colored arrows).  A player who leaves his opponent with no
  >legal moves loses.")
  >    (history "Dodgem was invented in 1972 by Colin Vout, a
  >mathematics student at the
  >        University of Cambridge in England.  Martin Gardner
  >discussed it in the June
  >        1975 issue of Scientific American, and John Horton Conway
  >and his colleagues
  >        analyzed the 3x3 game exhaustively in volume 2 of `Winning
  >Ways`.")

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor