Re: Solitaire Win Rates [WAS: Tula Stats]

>   Right about now, I would be interested in hearing Phillip's
preferences for winning odds in solitaires, if he would care to
state them :-)

Hi, Mike

:)

At the start of judging I would have to say in general I prefer the
odds of winning (a potentially solvable solitaire) to be about
50%. I think that is still true for the more complex (longer)
solitaire games. I am definitely frustrated by games that can
potentially 'lock' (or become blocked) after only a few turns, or
even before making a single move!

However, there are also some (mainly themed) solitaire games
that are more open in their scoring (i.e. they did not necessarily
have a single simple 'win' condition) and they don't fit into the
concept of having winning odds.

Phillip