Re: Can we have Definite dates for next contest?

Hi, Eric and Edward

Each contest is run solely at the discretion of the judge at the
time.  Clark will be responsible for the next contest so only he
can say for sure what he will do regarding an announcement
date.

For the record this is what the contest rules stated about the
announcement date:

"8) The winner of the competition will be announced on 22
January 2004. Depending on the quantity of games received, this
date may move. "

I finished the judging at the weekend and so, according to the
rules of the contest, made the announcement early.

Phillip

> anyway...while I am not quite of the same mind as Señor
Waffle, I
> must say that it was a surprise to see the results posted
already.  I
> can understand a certain eagerness to announce a winner
once you have
> made a decision, but at the same time, I was expecting a
winner to be
> announced at a later date, as stated in the rules.  It just seems
> like it would have been in better form to keep with the rules,
> instead of letting impatience decide.
>
> just my two cents.
>
> Edward
> (:8())
>

> --- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "Electronicwaffle"
> <electronicwaffle@y...> wrote:
> > First and foremost, Congrats to the winner.
> >
> > For the second time in a row, I have come to the group, and
found
> > out the winner of the contest, not from the Judge him or her
self.
> > am fed up with comming to the group, and seeing tons of
> > the competition results *before* the Offical date. If other
members
> > are fed up with my volume of posts, I am fed up with the
volume of
> > posts after a competition.  What better way to kill the
suspense,