Re: [piecepack] Re: Can we have Definite dates for next contest?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Electronicwaffle" <electronicwaffle@...>
> if you can offer a gauranteed date on the announcement of a winner
> for next contest.

I'm a bit behind on reading my emails, but are you seriously complaining
that the results were announced early??

> I thought I had a valid request, and listed my experiences with the
> last two contests, in a calm manner. I feel like this entire

Actually, your "calm manner" really does come across as whinning.

> have repeatedly been the target of posts that implied my volume to
> the group is excessive. Members have complained about the Emails
> they recieve, and how they would like me to stop flooding them.
> (Which is a personal choice they themselves made, when joining this
> group.) Now, the flip side is that the members want me to switch

I think it has more to do with being considerate.  If you're participating
in a open forum like this, it's just polite not to continally spam the group
with mostly useless emails.

> I am confused, is this group Pro-Email Notification or Anti Email
> Notification?  Or can I simply ask once more, that we can all

I am confused to.  Isn't the choice of Email Notification or not a personal
choice that can be turned on and off by you?  I don't understand why it
matters what others think?

> compromise on an answer to the Winning Announcement situation? To

To recap, so I can get this absurd situtation straight in my mind...

Eric, you now subscribe to the group in "Email Notification" mode.  The
announcement of the winner was made early and you saw messages from the
winner and people congradulating the winner before you saw the winning
notification yourself.  This, somehow, caused you great and immeasurable
pain.  Is this correct?

Now, back when I won the 3rd competition, I found out by recieving an email
at work from a friend (but not from the actual announcement! *gasp*)
Luckily, I was able to bounce back from this crushing set of circumstances
and I have led a relatively normal life ever since.

Can you PLEASE explain to us how announcing the winner early (which is OK,
as laid out in the rules), as well as your inability to read the offical
announcement *before* the replies, has hurt you?  You seem to be quite
"wronged" by this travesty of justice I'd like to understand this.

Frankly, I think it's great that Phillip's been able to announce the winner
early, as that means we're THAT MUCH closer to the next competition being
announced!!

> I am glad that for the last two competitions that the winner has
> been able to respond in a timely manner to the good news. I hope
> that this will not prove to be a concern in future competitions.

Actually, my future plans for piecepack are to submit the winning entry, and
then hop a plane to the Artic, so that I will never claim my crown and
piecepack will be forever stuck... bwhahahahahaha!!!  No one shall stop
me!!!!  (Unless, of course, they announce the winners early.. curse those
crafty judges!!)

> When Piecepack becomes more popular, I feel that the uncertainty of
> dates will be a situation to cause more problems.

Can you please elborate on how the uncertainty of dates will cause more
problems?  Tomorrow's going to be a slow work day...

> I simply asked for some concrete resolve with competitions. I feel I
> am within my right as a contributing member to do this. As far as I
> can tell, I was not out of line, and my opinion is not a personal
> one. Let's compromise so that everyone can read the Judges email
> first, and not hear the news second hand.

Eric.  Are you for real?  Let me be blunt.  The reason you got the news
"second hand" was because YOU chose to read the piecepack emails in reverse
chronological order.  The reason no one is taking you serious is because WE
DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW READING THE NEWS SECOND HAND HAS DAMAGED YOUR LIFE.

Rob.