Re: [piecepack] SixPacks

[Ron Hale-Evans - Fri, 23 Jan 2004 07:22:09 PM PST]
> http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/SixPack
>
> I put up a wiki page today about my latest piecepack obsession: the
> all-red-and-black piecepack (Suns, Moons, Hearts, Spades, Diamonds,
> Clubs).  I call this set a SixPack because of its six suits and six
> corresponding values.

I like the concept of this kind of piecepack better, because of the
added flexbility, as you note.  The difference between this and the
regular piecepack is rather like the difference between French-suited
cards and Swiss/German-suited cards---bells (or shields), acorns,
leaves, and hearts (or roses) aren't paired together like spades and
clubs, or diamonds and hearts, are.  And of course, there's the wands,
swords, cups, and pentacles of the tarock deck.

I could see a larger version of the "SixPack", wherein you retain the
normal colors and suits of the regular piecepack, but add in more suits
with the same colors.  For instance, you'd have green consisting of
crowns, leaves, and pentacles; red of suns, roses, and wands; blue of
arms, cups, and bells; black of moons, swords, and acorns... or what
have you.  Maybe add a sort of joker suit as well: multi-colored bells.
Though increasing the number of suits also merits increasing the number
of coins/tiles per suit, to 9 in this case.  Maybe 10, with the bells.

Far too cumbersome a set to use all at once, though.

-- Ava, call it HoardPack.....