Re: [piecepack] Hello

On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 03:20:14PM -0800, Meredith Hale wrote:
> Just wanted to jump in and say hello.

Welcome, Mer!

> I'm the little sister of Marty and Ron Hale-Evans, girlfriend to
>Kisa and friend to others here (hi Tim!)

That would be Tim "AlphaTim" Schutz. :)

>and have been playing piecepack games for several years now.  I'm a
>happy playtester!  I'm not much of a designer, but I like to kibitz.

Although we had about ten playtesters for Epic Funhouse, Mer tested it
more than anyone else did.  She's a good playtester.

> I want to first comment on the new edition - how wonderful!  The new
> sets are a joy to play with and beautiful.

They are, aren't they?  Have you read this page yet?

http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/ComparisonOfEditions

> I've started playing through all of the new solitaire games with
> Kisa and we've been having a blast.  Way to go on some fantastic
> games!  I'd be happy to post more specific comments if people would
> like...

That would be great, Mer.  It would also be great to copy your
comments to the pages for those games on the Piecepack Wiki.  If you
don't want to mess with the wiki, I have already volunteered to copy
reviews and comments from the list to the wiki for anyone who gives me
permission to do so.

In general, the more reviews out there, the better.  This is a place
where the wiki can supplement the official site, Piecepack.org, in an
important way.

> One more thing - we (Seattle Cosmic) went in a while back on an
> order to Cardinal Enterprises (I believe), and the quality is very
> good and prices reasonable, especially if you can order in quantity
> like we did.

Was it Cardinal Enterprises?  I thought it was Woodworks Ltd..  In any
case, Marty and I have ordered from the latter and can endorse it as
well.

After the Seattle Cosmic order, Marty and I now have enough wooden
bits to make lots and lots of piecepacks.  I think my next homemade
piecepack project will be to make a JCD Piecepack with transparent
sticker sheets and our wooden bits.

    Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... ... http://ron.ludism.org/
	 Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,
Kennexions Glass Bead Game & Positive Revolution FAQ: http://www.ludism.org/