Re: P.P. Pirates, Multi-player

Mike, thank you so much for your kind words regarding PPP. I'm glad
you found it enjoyable. As an engineer myself, I agree with you that
the math could be annoying to some, and in any case, having to stop
and figure a sum of products takes away from the theme a bit. Your
points are well-taken, and I may eventually work up some sort of
look-up table or chart to simplify combat resolution and final
scoring. Imagine yourself with a ruler and dividers, hunched over a
chart of the sea....

Your point about playing on a non-slip surface such as a table cloth
is well-noted. I normally play on a vinyl-topped card table, which
doesn't have the sliding problems that some other tables might, but it
was my fault for overlooking the possibility of fiddly ergonomics.
I'll try to remember to suggest playing on a non-sliding surface in a
future version of the ruleset.

Also, thank you for leading the charge (so far, at least) to develop a
multi-player version of PPP. As I said before, I release that project
into the open source community, so have at it!

Clark