Re: [piecepack] Co-operative games?

>The first two are pretty easy although I have only seen a couple of
>people mention wanting something in the Rulests In Progress folder
>looked at so if you are wanting current feedback please say so as I
>would be disappointed to put a lot of effort into playtesting
>something that is dead to you.

>Lastly, the request from the subject line.  The third catagory of co-
>operative games is harder to sort for.  Does anyone know of any co-
>operative games that have been designed for the Piecepack?  How many
>people are interested in co-operative games being designed for the
>piecepack?  I have one in the back of my mind, very early stages.  By
>co-operative I mean a game where you are all working against the
>game.  Two examples of this are Reiner Knizia's Lord of the Rings and
>Stephen Hand's Star Wars: Escape from the Death Star.

>Thank you for your input,

>Kisa

Hi Kisa,

   I don't know of any cooperative piecepack games existing right now. I did mention the category in a posting I made some time ago discussing possible categories, themes, etc., in connection with the competitions.

   Regarding the Rules sets in progress folder, my assumption would be that the purpose of the folder is to solicit feedback on unfinished games or beta versions. That's certainly the way I think of it. I have a fair number of games in there myself. This is not because I try to "load up" the folder. Rather, it is because very little feedback has been forthcoming, so I've left some of the games in there for now. Three of my games in there are 4x4 abstracts, which many players may not be interested in, and I'll probably take them out soon.  It also seems that some designers have not utilized the folder.

-Mike