--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "Mark A. Biggar"
> More thought on this. You don't
> need 30 equations only 15 as you
> only need to convert each pair
> one way. Therefore I now break
> and completely solve Mathrix!
> Bru-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA (evil villan laugh).
> [...]

Mark, this was very clever! I hadn't even considered the possibility
of using the floor and ceil functions. On the other hand, I DID
hesitate when I used the sqrt function, because technically, it
involves the use of another two, as in sqrt(x) = (x)^(inv(2)). But
then again, the very useful factorial function also involves the use
of other numbers, as in 4! = 4x3x2x1.

> If we outlaw floor and ceil it's
> much harder.

I think most people would allow floor and ceil, as well as rnd for
good measure. The overriding rule to keep in mind is, "If it feels
like cheating, it probably is." Still, I commend you on your clever
solution! :-)

Clark