  From: Ron Hale-Evans
  Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 7:45 AM
  Subject: [piecepack] New piecepack components? Dice cards and paper dice

  Piecepack dice cards and paper dice are in my opinion the best
  nominees for the next expansions to the piecepack (I consider the last
  really interesting expansion to be Mesomorph pawn saucers, and before
  that, AlphaTim's piecepack pyramids).  Piecepack dice cards were
  suggested by my friend John Braley during a game of Chariots on 31
  January 2004 as a way to make die rolls more fair, or at least _feel_
  more fair to the players.  The idea is similar to a gizmo we often use
  at Seattle Cosmic Game Night called the Deck of Dice:

    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/5460
    http://www.panix.com/~sos/bc/deckdice.html

  The Deck of Dice depicts two six-sided dice (one black, one white) in
  every possible combination.  Our players use it during Settlers of
  Catan and related games, and indeed people do complain less about (for
  example) the Robber coming up too often, because they know that the
  Robber comes up _exactly_ as often as ought to be expected.