Re: [piecepack] Couldn't find wood but I did find metal...

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: kevineagles72
  To: piecepack@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 8:20 PM
  Subject: [piecepack] Couldn't find wood but I did find metal...

  Found 2 inch square sheet metal bits used for tabletop games, after
  spending all weekend looking for the wooden bits... I've already
  placed an order for the wood, but it will be a few days waiting for
  that to come. Anxious to get started though I went ahead and bought
  the metal bits and some transparent full letter sized stickers.
  These seem to work great, but im wondering about there durability...

  Whats everyone's views on the stickers? I purchased the ones from
  avery, and they have a nice flat appearance that makes them easy to
  read from across the table, but im worried how they will fare in the
  long run...

  Spray them with Krylon Clear. I've used this for years when making dial faces for home-made radios. It seals the paper, absolutely prevents yellowing, has a mat finnish, and last but not least (well, maybe least in this case), is an extremely good high voltage insulator :-)

  -Mike