More Legal Nonsense!

Hello all. My name is Tim, and I'm new to the world of Piecepack. I
recently discovered Piecepack thru bgdf.com. I'm interested in
getting into the world of game design, and I'm hoping that having
some games published under the Piecepack banner will get my name out
into the world. I've also found myself completely enamored with the
system and would like to contribute to this growing community!

That being said, there is a certain game that just screams to me to
be adapted to Piecepack. I was curious what the general concensus
would be. The game is a currently published game by a major board
game manufacturer. One could easily slap on a new theme, rewrite the
rules with appropriate changes to fit within the Piecepack
limitations, and make the game available for Piecepack. I have
searched, and I do not believe the game mechanic has been patented
therefore I see no *real* legal concerns.

What I wanted to know was if I should pursue this, or if the
community would consider it a dirty move. I would hate for my first
submission, an adaptation, to earn me the title of Black Sheep.

Essentially, I'm asking this question:
a) Do I pursue this at all?
b) Do I strap a new theme on it and call it my own?
c) Do I keep the theme similar and credit the original author?

Thanks for all you guys do!
- Tim -