Abstract Games Magazine (was Re: OT; Gobblet & 4x4 games)

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, Susan Rozmiarek <susan@r...> wrote:

> I'm about to pull the trigger on subscribing to Abstract
Magazine.  Is
> it worthwhile?  I've never seen an actual copy.  I've really been
> getting more and more interested in abstract games, which I find
> surprising, given I'm such a Euro-snob!

I have to admit to some bias as one of the contributors to Abstract
Games Magazine, but I think it's an excellent source of: rules for
out-of-print or little-known games, strategy and analysis articles,
and reviews of current games. The game rules will probably appeal to
the do-it-yourself sensibility of the piecepack community. I'm
particularly fond of the Pagode set I made (issue 13) and my Akron
set (issue 14).

The magazine's website has the editorial and the complete text of an
article from each issue. Issue 16 was recently published, but hasn't
been added to the website yet.

The website is:
http://abstractgamesmagazine.com/
Sample articles and editorials can be found at:
http://abstractgamesmagazine.com/magazine.html
(Previous issues are listed at the bottom of the page.)

Subscription information is also available on the website.

yours,
Don Kirkby