Re: [piecepack] piecepack on the 'geek

Iain.407138@... wrote:

I'm not entirely surehow one can rate the piecepack since it isn't a game in and of itself.
I am not sure that's a distinction that really matters. I just rank it for the overall concept.

Okay, but that's not what BGG ratings are for. I think that Axis and Allies is great in concept, but in actual practice I don't like the game that well.

For me the piecepack is a perfect 10.
If I were rating boardgame systems, then I might agree with you. But as far as the rating on the Geek is concerned, the only way I can see that this would be a legit rating is if there is a specific piecepack game that you would rate a 10. And here is the BGG rating guidelines so that you can see what a 10 means to BGG:

10 - Outstanding. Always want to play and expect this will never change.
9 - Excellent game. Always want to play it.
8 - Very good game. I like to play. Probably I'll suggest it and will never turn down a game.
7 - Good game, usually willing to play.
6 - Ok game, some fun or challenge at least, will play sporadically if in the right mood.
5 - Average game, slightly boring, take it or leave it.
4 - Not so good, it doesn't get me but could be talked into it on occasion.
3 - Likely won't play this again although could be convinced. Bad.
2 - Extremely annoying game, won't play this ever again.
1 - Defies description of a game. You won't catch me dead playing this. Clearly broken

I recommend that if you want to rate the piecepack on Boardgame Geek, pick your favorite piecepack game and rate the piecepack according to where that game would fall in the above guidelines. In your comments for the rating, it might be a good idea to specify what your favorite game is.

--Randy