Re: The piecepack is in GAMES Magazine!

P.S. Is that Games and Smitsonian deal that good? -Did Kappa Do away with "Pencilwise" (Or some similar Puzzle only Publication to Opposite Games Bi-Monthly Release? I haven't read the Mag since May 2002.

Smithsonian is usually available for free at libraries, so unless you really want to keep copies, I'd pass. Games' World of Puzzles magazine is still published regularly, but I'm not sure of the frequency. (I'm a freelancer and don't work for the magazine itself.)

I've heard from many other gamers that they purchase only the December issue for the Game 100 roundup, but haven't been able to convince the editor to raise the number of game reviews or focus more intensely on games over electronic media and cultural curios. However, I'm sure he knows the market better than I do.

P.S.S. Kappa Publishing.... Do they Publish Playboy? (Strictly Curious on the Publishing connection only)

I don't think so. Kappa publishes a ton of game magazines under different imprints and doesn't even have a Web site currently. I doubt the company has the technological wherewithal to manage the airbrushes needed for the bunny empire, much less the skill to manage Playboy.com.

Eric

P.S. Interesting that it took five days for my article announcement to appear. Makes me look a bit slow on the uptake....

--
W. Eric Martin - TwoWriters.net