Re: Piecepack article

I finally made the trip to B&N and picked up the July GAMES magazine. Very good article, Eric. I think the addition of the rules for Fuji-san and the sample game to solve was an excellent idea, considering the target readership.

Thanks for the kind words, Benedict. I wanted to give the GAMES audience a specific taste of what's available with the piecepack. Fujisan fit the bill by having short rules and being interesting, and James Kyle was kind enough to provide a puzzle. I played Fujisan on my own but forgot to record starting positions for those times I did solve it.

I've greatly enjoyed Cardinal's Guards as well, yet the rules ran to more than 1,000 words, so that wasn't a possibility for a sidebar -- not to mention even larger creations such as Piece Packing Pirates and Epic Funhouse. Hints in the main article would have to do.

I received one message already from someone who read the article, then found my address on the piecepack list, so there's at least one convert in the audience. Here's hoping for more....

Eric

--
W. Eric Martin - TwoWriters.net