Re: [piecepack] Too many games?

drwest@... wrote:
I'm a newbie myself, but in the two months I've been on this list I've seen this
question go by several times. It echoes my own sense that, even with the
recommended games page on the wiki, there's a need for 3 or 4 core "classic"
games to serve as the basic, starting games for the piecepack.
Along similar lines, I think it's a shame that the Mesomorph set no longer comes
with a printed rule book. This seems to me to limit the audience for the
piecepack to people who get the concept of a game system.

Would it be a good idea, from both a game-player's and a business person's perspectives, to include a printed rule pamphlet that includes, say, ten of what is generally considered to be the best-of-the-best games, then include the CD with everything else? Such a pamphlet would not have to be updated often--once a year or so would probably do it (or simply whenever stock of the last printing has been depleted).

I agree that having such a pamphlet would be better for someone who saw the piecepack at a store and decided to buy it, however, for people tech-savvy and gamer enough to seek out and buy such a thing from a website, I think a rules CD is adequate. Is there enough (any?) brick-and-mortar sales of the piecepack to justify such a thing?

--Randy