New game up in Rulesets In Progress- comments requested

Okay, I've seriously changed the rules I had before. Remember that
slow, deadlock-prone laser game I posted a few weeks ago? I've
seriously refined them, and now they're fast and wild. I know the
rules have rough edges- for one thing, they're in .txt and not from
Word (but that's because Word, like, blew up on me; it kept giving me
runtime errors)- but they're a lot better than the last set.

The current version is uploaded under Files/Rulesets In
Progress/Reflec.txt

As it is, it's a fun and interesting game. What I'm worried about:

1. Unbalance. Is the first player at a significant advantage or
disadvantage?

2. Diplomacy. One player ganged up on by the other three, in a four
player game, is pretty much fried. (Fortunately, the two-player game
works well enough that it can be just played that way.) I'm not sure
if there is a solution for this.

3. Indefensibility. The Swap is stronger than it sounds. There's no
way to block it; therefore, placing your pieces to block your
opponents is temporary at best. This is intentional, but I'm worried
that it's too hard to defend yourself because of what the Swap winds
up doing. What the Swap does is neatly solve all the deadlock problems
I had before- if somebody can give me a more elegant solution, I'd
love it.

Anyway, the game is a lot of fun as it stands- as far as I can tell.
I'd really appreciate more feedback and playtesting from you more
experienced people out there...

--Adam N.