Re: new to piecepacks, a question

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, Daryl Fougnie <daryllawrencef@y...>
wrote:

> [...] If you want to play witha group of
> people, how many piecepack sets do you need.  Is one
> sufficient for playing with people.

   Hello, Daryl, and welcome!  Yes, many games can be played with
just one piecepack.  You can find a list of piecepack games,
including what is required to play them, at:
http://www.piecepack.org/PiecepackGames.asp

   If a game requires more than one piecepack to play, it will say so
(e.g. [2], or [1 per player]) under the Equipment column on that
page.  Also, you will see that some games use additional game
components, such as an Icehouse set or domino set.

> Also, I need to
> know exactly what I need to get/purchase and where is
> the best place to find them.  I found two stores
> offering quite different things.  [...]

   There is a page with extensive descriptions of the various
editions from different vendors on the piecepack wiki at:
http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/ComparisonOfEditions

   General concensus seems to be that Mesomorph
(http://www.mesomorph.com/) sets are good (which I can personally
attest to, but you should know that I am friends with the folks at
Mesomorph).  Some people like the Icepack
(http://www.icepackgames.com/) sets, though some others reportedly
had some ordering problems with them in the past.

Cheers,
James