Re: New Game: Cell Management - Playtesting Needed

Thanks for the read-through, waffle!

> On the Voulantary return to prison; you refer to an escaped speices
> returning to their hideout. Should this mean "a member of an escaped
> species"?
>
> That is, if both aces have escaped, and I wish to self sacrifice an
> ace, do I have to return both coins to ace hideout, or just one ace
> coin?

It's impossible for you to have two aces escaped, since you can only
escape if the secret hideout is full.  I've tried to make this more
clear in the rules, since it was ambiguous.

> I have seen some games use a glossary in the ruleset. Using your
> game for example:
>
> Sun tiles -Friendly Hideout

That's a great idea, I've gone back and reworked the setup section and
made the theme more prevalent and less sun/moon/crown heavy so people
get into calling them captives instead of coins right away.

> The game deserves probably 2 read-throughs, and 1 read and play
> along reading to fully understand.

Yeah, I tried to explain it to some people tonight, one picked up on
it, the other was totally lost, and I worry it might be a bit fiddly.

I'm going to add some variations at the end, as you can start easy
with just four species, two friendly, two hostile, to get the feel for
how this type of puzzle works.  Also, if you want some competition,
you can use the rest of the tiles to duplicate the setup and race
against someone else to see who finishes first.

> Personally,  I would make the Examining a Cell situations into a
> table, and reprint again on the last page.

A table might work, two rows, two columns, that players can have to
remind themselves of the rules, as that is the most confusing part of
the whole setup.

Thanks again for the suggestions, hope you enjoy the game if you give
it a try,

Mark Goadrich