Old wounds, apparently...

Hey all.  I'm a relative newcomer to Piecepack.. actually, a friend
got me hooked on the idea after seeing games I've created using a whiteboard and generic
pawns.  I'd love to start "playing along", so to speak, but I made the mistake of ordering
my piecepack set from Icepack Games.

This public message is an appeal to Toren to contact me regarding my
order I placed a month ago, and to serve as a partial warning to others about thinking
twice before ordering from Icepack.  I've recieved exactly ONE message from Toren,
telling me that pieces for my set were "on backorder" and he should have them in 7-10
days.  That was 30 days ago.  Repeated attempts to contact him have resulted in no
response.

One bad vendor can't necessarily hold the whole community in a bad
light, but as a newcomer it does leave a bad taste in my mouth.  I have gone ahead
and ordered one of the smaller sets from Mesomorph, hoping they at least communicate
with me.  If by some miracle the Icepack set shows up... hey, the more the merrier.

That's the frustration (pardon my venting): if Toren just communicated with me, told me
what was going on, I'd cut him some slack.  I can appreciate that this is a "small venture",
probably being run by him in spare time.   However, he's not even responding to my E-
mails.  I ordered a $200 game kit from him: I think I deserve an E-Mail once and a while
(at least replies to my messages).

Anyway, sorry about the rant.  In earlier archives, it was mentioned that perhaps Icepack
should be removed from the vendor list on the Piecepack website. Since it would appear
that he's up to the same shennanigans as a year or so ago the last time this was brought
up, perhaps it's time to pull it.  It looks bad for Mesomorph and the whole piecepack
community to have a bad vendor on the list of sources.

Always research who you're buying from, kids.