Re: Old wounds, apparently...

With so many people experiencing problems ordering from Icepack Games,
I would think the better thing to do would be to leave the link
intact, but put a note in the link description stating that service
from Icepack Games has proven unreliable.

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Sullivan" <feedle@f...> wrote:

> Hey all.  I'm a relative newcomer to Piecepack.. actually, a friend
> got me hooked on the idea after seeing games I've created using a
whiteboard and generic
> pawns.  I'd love to start "playing along", so to speak, but I made
the mistake of ordering
> my piecepack set from Icepack Games.
>
> This public message is an appeal to Toren to contact me regarding my
> order I placed a month ago, and to serve as a partial warning to
others about thinking
> twice before ordering from Icepack.  I've recieved exactly ONE
message from Toren,
> telling me that pieces for my set were "on backorder" and he should
have them in 7-10
> days.  That was 30 days ago.  Repeated attempts to contact him have
resulted in no
> response.
>
> One bad vendor can't necessarily hold the whole community in a bad
> light, but as a newcomer it does leave a bad taste in my mouth.  I
have gone ahead
> and ordered one of the smaller sets from Mesomorph, hoping they at
least communicate
> with me.  If by some miracle the Icepack set shows up... hey, the
more the merrier.

> That's the frustration (pardon my venting): if Toren just
communicated with me, told me
> what was going on, I'd cut him some slack.  I can appreciate that
this is a "small venture",
> probably being run by him in spare time.   However, he's not even
responding to my E-
> mails.  I ordered a $200 game kit from him: I think I deserve an
E-Mail once and a while
> (at least replies to my messages).
>
> Anyway, sorry about the rant.  In earlier archives, it was mentioned
that perhaps Icepack
> should be removed from the vendor list on the Piecepack website.
Since it would appear