Re: Old wounds, apparently...

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, Ed Thorn <prophesor@y...> wrote:
> That would be editorializing by the listowner,
> wouldn't it?

Editorializing?  Perhaps.  But then the list owner has that freedom;
ultimatley it's his choice.

> Isn't it enough that the list members use the list to
> share their experiences?
>
> I think it is.  But then it's not my opinion that
> matters.

I see it this way... As a community having a common interest, we are
providing a service to the members of the community (especially the
newer members) by informing them of Icepack Games' past service record.

Personally, I'm glad that members have shared their experiences in
dealing with Icepack Games with the community as a whole; it's
informed me about the best sources for piecepack products, should I
choose to buy some instead of making my own.

If people are uncomfortable noting Icepack Games' poor service history
with the link, then at the least it should be deleted, as has been
previously suggested.  To leave the link intact will likely only serve
to cause grief to other unsuspecting consumers.

While I agree to some extent with the 'Buyer Beware' philosophy, I
think that, as a community, we should seek to protect each other from
questionable business practices.