Plastic piecepack set

Chris Sullivan wrote:
> On that note, I am seriously considering working with a plastics
> manufacturer to make an inexpensive plastic version of Piecepack.  The
> Mesomorph set is real nice (one again, thanks guys!), but a bit pricey
> for an introductory set.  Something comparably priced to the Icehouse
> Pyramids that could be bought one suit at a time, perhaps as an impulse
> item at a game store.  Anybody have any thoughts?

I've given consideration to making my own plastic set more or less by
hand (cutting-down raw materials).  I found a quite decent (at least for
personal consumption) price on white acrylic sheet which I would cut
into tiles using a band saw, and I've already used blank white plastic
dice for my piecepack, being unsatisfied with the wooden ones I'd made.
 Plastic pawns are pretty easy and cheap to come by, and I've found some
that are pretty neat-looking too.  The only thing I can't find a really
decent solution for is the coins;  I've found acrylic discs of the
correct dimensions, but they're always translucent and colored, which
doesn't work well with my stickers-on-white-plastic intended theme.
(One could cut .75" diameter rod into discs on the band saw, but the
amount of plastic destroyed by the cut is almost the same thickness as a
single coin.)