Re: Games with adult themes

I'm with Mike and Ron in my thoughts on adult-themed games.

I for one am not offended by adult-themed material; but I do
understand and respect the fact that some people are offended by such.

If piecepack.org is to be a truly objective repository of all things
piecepack, then it would be best not to exclude anything from it, even
if that means including adult-themed games that may offend some
people.  Of course, like Mike and Ron have suggested, there's no
reason that content on piecepack.org can't be classified in such a way
as to segregate that information in such a way as to prevent viewing
by minors, or to allow those that would be offended by such material
to ignore such content.

Also, like Mike and Ron, what gets included in MG's commercial
products is purely their decision. Under the pretense that MG is
working to expand the piecepack's exposure and market, I would support
their decision to exclude adult-themed games from their pp CDs.

The question of whether or not it's appropriate to upload such files
and discuss them here is a question that bears discussion, I think.  I
have no objections to such; personally, I feel that such will only
enhance my piecepack experience by providing inspiration, and
showcasing the full versatility of piecepack.  However, the
possibility (likelyhood?) exists that this group is host to members
that are easily offended by such material/discussion, or to minors; so
perhaps some controls, or restrictions/guidelines might be reasonable.

My suggesting restricting/controlling discussion/posting of
adult-themed material/messages grates at my strong opposition to
censorship; but conversely, as a diverse online community, I feel it's
important to respect others' sensibilities and take _reasonable_
measures to protect them.

Of course, this also brings up the subject of other 'potentially
offensive' themes/subjects.  What happens if someone created and
posted a game with a racist theme, or some anti-religion based theme?
 While I don't believe it has happened yet, as the piecepack community
grows, it could very easily happen.

It might be a wise course to develop policy to deal with 'potentially
offensive' material now, rather than have to put out a raging fire later.

My 2 cents on the matter.

Looking forward to hearing more opinions on this.

Leo "14thWarrior" M. Lalande